It’s nice to see that a beautiful inn located in the winter resort area of Vermont has all the amenities of a luxurious resort, but also has the coziness of a bed and breakfast. The inn is located at the foot of a ski area that they recently opened that only allows a certain amount of skiers at one time allowing the experience to be one of a kind. Being conscientious of their carbon footprint, The Hermitage Inn is a certified green inn (in the green mountain state). Their efforts have included: certified green Carlisle Wide Plank Flooring, thermo-insulated windows, Energy Star lighting and solar-electronic generation. For more information about their green initiative visit their website.
Things To Do: Dover, VT
- Green Mountain National Forest: Hiking and biking trails
- Horseback riding (I would love to try this!)
- Mount Snow: Skiing and snowboarding
- Haystack Golf Course
- Harriman Reservoir: Boating, swimming and fishing
- VAST: Vermont Association of Snow Travelers snowmobiling on well groomed trails