Newport, Rhode Island
- Located on Aquidneck Island
- Population of 24,672
- 23 miles south of Providence, RI
- 61 miles south of Boston, MA
- Home to Naval Station Newport: Naval War College, Naval Undersea Warfare Center and Navy Training Center
- Known as the home to the summer White House during Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower (January 20, 1933-January 20, 1961) and President John F. Kennedy (January 20, 1962-November 22, 1963) administrations
Mostly known for the mansions along the gorgeous shoreline. The cliff walk looks serene and mimics pictures I’ve seen of Ireland’s coast line. There is a great downtown area with shops and restaurants, but the cliff walk is on my list for the next time I make it down there.
A few places to grab a bite to eat that received good reviews and are right along the water.
For more ideas of what to do in Newport click here.