Another part of New England to explore is New Hampshire! This is definitely a great way to capture your memories of your visit to New Hampshire. Glide over the tree-tops and see it from a birds view, literally. Alpine Adventures is located in Lincoln, NH along the windy and beautiful Kancamagus Highway. Just a two hour drive north of Boston, and the reviews are amazing!
Book your zipline tour today, http://www.alpineadventures.com. The most popular is $89.00 per person and lasts about 2.5 hours including the off roading drive up to the top of the mountain.
I’ll let you know how my experience is, but I expect to have a great time of course!
Newport, Rhode Island
- Located on Aquidneck Island
- Population of 24,672
- 23 miles south of Providence, RI
- 61 miles south of Boston, MA
- Home to Naval Station Newport: Naval War College, Naval Undersea Warfare Center and Navy Training Center
- Known as the home to the summer White House during Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower (January 20, 1933-January 20, 1961) and President John F. Kennedy (January 20, 1962-November 22, 1963) administrations
Mostly known for the mansions along the gorgeous shoreline. The cliff walk looks serene and mimics pictures I’ve seen of Ireland’s coast line. There is a great downtown area with shops and restaurants, but the cliff walk is on my list for the next time I make it down there.
A few places to grab a bite to eat that received good reviews and are right along the water.
For more ideas of what to do in Newport click here.
A Great Place for a Weekend Trip this Summer…
- 13 miles south of Rhode Island
- 14 miles east of Montauk located on Long Island.
- This popular vacation spot has a history dating back to 1614. Click here for information from World Atlas.
- 40% of the island is Conservation Land.
Greenway Walking Trail: 3 miles wide and 7 miles long. 17 miles of beach and 30 miles of trails.
Southeast Light House: built in 1875, deactivated in 1990, and relighted in 1994.
Mohegun Bluffs: 150ft drop to sandy beach with crashing waves. Known for amazing views. Located near Southeast Light House.
Above are a few attractions that I would have on my to visit check list, but to take a look at the day trip recommendations click here. Travel: Just under $23 for roundtrip ferry from Newport, RI. For all ferry locations, schedules and rates visit their website at Block Island Ferry.
The Hermitage Inn
W. Dover, Vermont
It’s nice to see that a beautiful inn located in the winter resort area of Vermont has all the amenities of a luxurious resort, but also has the coziness of a bed and breakfast. The inn is located at the foot of a ski area that they recently opened that only allows a certain amount of skiers at one time allowing the experience to be one of a kind. Being conscientious of their carbon footprint, The Hermitage Inn is a certified green inn (in the green mountain state). Their efforts have included: certified green Carlisle Wide Plank Flooring, thermo-insulated windows, Energy Star lighting and solar-electronic generation. For more information about their green initiative visit their website.
Things To Do: Dover, VT