Libra,Saturday, 6 April 2013
More about my Sign, Daily, Yesterday, Weekly, Monthly
Your Week Ahead: The New Moon in your opposite sign, combined with all the other celestial activity in that sensitive part of your chart, now promises a new way to understand an important agreement or arrangement between you and someone who means a great deal to you. Is that good news? Yes and no. Though it is important to see what has really been going on, it is unnerving to discover that all is not quite as you thought it was. But if you are willing to work with what you discover, you can make everything come right.
Your Week Ahead – Love Focus: Nature cleverly disguises her true intention and arranges for seeds to look wildly different from the plants they might one day become. We are creatures of nature too. We have been designed to fit in with the world around us. We hide our true intentions, even from ourselves. Yet our tiniest ideas can give rise to enormous developments. Something in your emotional life now needs to happen naturally. Don’t try to see the end from the beginning. Just give it all a little more time and prepare for a pleasant surprise.
A great start to my day with these inspiring yet ambiguous words. Check out yours on his website! www.cainer.com
Photo from People.com
15 year old boy with Down syndrome who lead a group to Mount Everest’s Base Camp! Its just a mere 70 miles in 10 days…! Eli is awesome. He is proof that we all can do things that seem impossible. If you think about your goals too much, doubt creeps in. Just get started.
Click here for the full article.
House Beautiful weitznerlimited.com
Wallpaper slowly has been coming back. It started with accent wall ideas and now I recently came across this article in the March 2013 House Beautiful. I think this concept is an interesting modern spin on the traditional idea of wallpaper. It creates texture and warmth, but it also has the option to change the room just as you can with paint!
Check out www.weitznerlimited.com to see other paintable wallpaper patterns.
Access4Kds is a device that is engineered for disabled children who have a difficult time with movements, such as touch. Utilizing the touch screen has been nearly impossible for those individuals, and this input device has changed that! This device that is wrapped around the forearm measures pressure by movements such as pinches and swipes, and converts them into fine motor gestures.
Take a look at the video and the full article on Engadget’s website.
5 Things To Do = Better Sleep
- Hit the Sheets= Just get into bed even if you have things to do, it can wait.
- Do the z Math = Listen to your body when you are on vacation, and discover how much sleep you body tells you you need after about 3 days of vacation.
- Zap Rest Robbers = If it’s pain related see your doctor. No need to suffer with pain and avoid rest because of it.
- Don’t Skimp on Sleep for Exercise = Exercise is important, but if you are cutting into valued sleeping time…choose sleep.
- Think Like a Kid = Go to bed within 30 minutes of the same time each night.
For complete article visit Fitness Magazine’s website.
A few other tips in the article that I really liked a lot…
- Take a hot shower right before bed. Invest in a calming body wash with a scent you really love. (Recently I picked up, Aveeno Hydrating Fig + Shea Butter Body Wash)
- Wear socks to bed! Swedish study that suggests that the blood vessels in your feet naturally dilate which allows your body to begin to relax. The warmth of the socks apparently activates the relaxation process.
- Read in bed or listen to relaxing music.
- Room temperature set at 68 degrees.
After a week so of these steps, I will see if I do in-fact have a more restful sleep!
This book I came across a year or two a ago while browsing the cookbook section of Barnes & Noble. There are some great, simple recipes that I have made over and over again.
One of my favorites is the Cauliflower soup by Jewels.
What you need:
- chicken or veg stock
- curry powder
- white pepper
- In saucepan heat ovo + onion until browned
- Add the remaining ingredients until cauliflower is tender.
For exact amounts of ingredients you can purchase their book on their website or at any local Barnes & Noble.
8 Minute Yoga for Better Sleep
Sleep is so important and when I came across this article, I thought I have to share this! So many of us have a difficult time sleeping or staying asleep, and Fitness Magazine had a great article with the steps (listed below) to a better night sleep. Give it a try, it can’t hurt.
Click on the name if each for the exact description of the step from Fitness Magazine.
Upside down relaxation (0-2 min.)
Put your butt to the wall or headboard with your legs against the wall.
Winding down twist (2-3 min.)
Sit with legs crossed twist body to right with left hand on knee, repeat on left side.
Goddess stretch (3-5 min.)
Lie flat, put soles of feet together with knees bent and flat to the ground.
Child’s pose (5-7 min.)
Traditional kneeling position, sit on feet, nose to floor and stretch arms out as far as you can.
Rock-a-by roll (7-8 min.)
Sit with legs into chest, ankles crossed, roll onto back, in hale as you roll your see up and exhale as you roll onto your back.