Another part of New England to explore is New Hampshire! This is definitely a great way to capture your memories of your visit to New Hampshire. Glide over the tree-tops and see it from a birds view, literally. Alpine Adventures is located in Lincoln, NH along the windy and beautiful Kancamagus Highway. Just a two hour drive north of Boston, and the reviews are amazing!
Book your zipline tour today, http://www.alpineadventures.com. The most popular is $89.00 per person and lasts about 2.5 hours including the off roading drive up to the top of the mountain.
I’ll let you know how my experience is, but I expect to have a great time of course!
I have designed jewelry for the past 7 years or so, and I stopped a few years back…and thankfully I am launching a new website that I am SOOOOO excited about! I need your help, please respond with your vote logo #1, logo #2, or logo #3 (pictured above).
I can’t decide which color, and I would appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
WeMo Switch by Belkin Photo from Engaget.com
This is awesome! Turn your lights, TV, or any other device right from your phone via wifi! This is the modern version of the light timer we all used when we went on vacation. Perfect if you have a pet at home or you want the outside light on before it gets dark.
Click here to purchase yours.
Think about the coffee cup every morning, the plastic bag from the pharmacy or grocery store, the paper towels you used to dry your hands (and you grabbed 2 because thats how the dispenser works…) and the examples in everyday life go on and on. I think it does take a little extra effort, but we all spend that time one way or another. If I am feeling selfish, the I’ll take that time to sleep-in. If you are rushing you forget your reusable bag or coffee mug, go back and get it!!!!
Along that same vein, we throw away so much trash everyday, composting all year long is not a bad idea. I came across this article that suggested a sealable small container for composting in your kitchen. The composting container in the image, is a bit pricey at 49.95. BUT it is lined with a charcoal filter on the lid to prevent odor.
Read the full article at www.thekitchn.com
Fitbit One: Syncs with IPhone
Want to know how many steps your taking without the old school beeper look? Fitbit One is a product that tracks the amount stairs you climb, steps you take, calories burned, hours of sleep, quality of sleep and it syncs with your IPhone! Buy yours at Brookstone, Amazon and of course Fitbit’s official website for just shy of $100.00 (Target, REI and Sears also sell it!). One of the new features on this model is the silent alarm that vibrates to wake you up, making it easy for your loved one to stay asleep!
I will be picking up my own asap!
5 Things To Do = Better Sleep
- Hit the Sheets= Just get into bed even if you have things to do, it can wait.
- Do the z Math = Listen to your body when you are on vacation, and discover how much sleep you body tells you you need after about 3 days of vacation.
- Zap Rest Robbers = If it’s pain related see your doctor. No need to suffer with pain and avoid rest because of it.
- Don’t Skimp on Sleep for Exercise = Exercise is important, but if you are cutting into valued sleeping time…choose sleep.
- Think Like a Kid = Go to bed within 30 minutes of the same time each night.
For complete article visit Fitness Magazine’s website.
A few other tips in the article that I really liked a lot…
- Take a hot shower right before bed. Invest in a calming body wash with a scent you really love. (Recently I picked up, Aveeno Hydrating Fig + Shea Butter Body Wash)
- Wear socks to bed! Swedish study that suggests that the blood vessels in your feet naturally dilate which allows your body to begin to relax. The warmth of the socks apparently activates the relaxation process.
- Read in bed or listen to relaxing music.
- Room temperature set at 68 degrees.
After a week so of these steps, I will see if I do in-fact have a more restful sleep!
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Happy MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY! I hope all of you are enjoying this day off (for many of us) and are inspired by a man who fought to bring equality to our nation. Yes, it was nice to sleep in and have a long weekend (of course). Then there’s what you do with your day off…I suggest all of us try to do one thing this week in his honor that you normally wouldn’t do. An act of generosity and kindness. You know the small things each of us can do, but a lot of us (myself included) just don’t on a daily basis. This week even if you just think of something nice you could do for someone who is homeless, elderly or anyone in your life that you can do something for … it could make their day or yours, too!