Sunday’s the day you think, “oh the weekends over and I better make the most of today”…right? Well, that’s usually what I’m thinking on Sunday when I wake up!
It’s really all about the meal, let’s be honest. Everything should be shut down on Sunday, so everyone can partake in this philosophy of completely enjoying themselves. I’m a little old school, I’m aware.
Anyways, good food + football = a pretty good way to end the weekend!
Ingredients is obvious so I’m skipping that step. If you are a perfectionist click here for the exact directions/ingredients.
What You Need to Do
- Make the bacon
- Slice Tomatoes
- Mix mayo with a little spicy mustard (taste as you mix so you get the right combo for you, i.e. more spicy etc)
- Slice Avocados
- Chop up lettuce (arugula for those who more sophisticated, iceberg for classic BLT style)
- Now layer the bacon + tomatoes + avocado + lettuce on the bread (whatever kind suits your fancy or you have in the fridge!)
- Smear mayo/mustard mixture on the top of slice before finishing the sandwich
- Heat up skillet with a little butter + add butter to each side of the sandwich
- Grill sandwich on each side until golden brown and a little crispy
Patriots play Texans @ 4:30. Go Pats!!!!!
If you want more of a snack, check out the BLTA Bites recipe below (click on the image for the recipe).