I posted my first attempt at a kale recipe earlier in the month, but this dish can be served as a main dish. It is not as healthy, but it’s winter in New England and this is perfect!
For the original recipe click here, below is my modified version that I came up with as I started cooking.
1. 3/4 lbs. whole wheat pasta shells
2. 2 bunches of kale coarsely, chopped
3. 3 garlic cloves, diced
4. 1 small yellow onion, chopped
5. 2 c. cooked rotisserie chicken (or whatever cooked chick you have will do)
6. 1 container of part skim ricotta
7. 3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
8. 3 tbsp. lemon zest grated
9. s&p to taste
1. Boil water in sauce pan
2. Add pasta
3. Preheat oven @ 350
4. In skillet melt butter + add garlic + add onion (until onion is translucent)
5. Add kale + cover = until tender (5 minutes)
6. Drained pasta put back in pot + add ingredients from skillet + stir in chicken, ricotta,
lemon zest and 1/2 c. parmesan + season with s&p
7. Transfer mixture to baking dish 9 x 13 + sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top
8. Cook for 30 minutes until golden brown = DINNER!!!!
This is very filling, a good alternative to the well known chicken, broccoli and ziti dish many people cook on a cold winter night. Enjoy this by the fire this winter!