Kale is the new healthy ingredient that I keep reading about and friends keep pinning on pinterest!!!!
I found this recipe and modified it, so for the original click here. My altered version is below.
- 4 c. kale
- 2 c. red cabbage
- 2 c. green cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple (julienned)
- 1 avocado
- 1 c. almonds (cut in half)
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. ovo
- lemon juice to taste
- s&p to taste
- 1. Shred kale + cabbages
- 2. Julienned avacado + apple
- 3. Chop almonds
- 4. combine all ingredients in steps 1-3 in large bowl = toss in bowl
- 5. whisk dressing ingredients = drizzle over ingredients in bowl
- 6. sprinkle dried cranberries = DINNER!!!
I absolutely love this recipe! It was so easy and so good. It is definitely a starter salad and not a sufficient enough as a main dish, but would be well paired with a fish main dish such as salmon or if you don’t want fish chicken is also another good option.